Friday, September 18, 2009

Must See TV... Kind Of.

So last night was the season premiere of The Office. I can't believe they're on their 6th season already. I'm a big fan of the show, but I didn't love last season so much. Very hit or miss. I was especially disappointed with the season finale. Not enough to make me stop watching the show, of course.

So, it premiered last night with an episode called, "Gossip". And I really enjoyed the episode. I heard it was more classic "Office", and I felt that was an accurate description. The ending was a little...strange, but overall I'd say it was a solid season premiere. Not as good as last season's premiere, "Weight Loss", (which was probably one of the best episodes of Season 5, if not THE best.) but still good. I laughed out loud, which isn't such an easy thing. Got me excited to see what's in store this season for the Dunder Mifflin crew.

I also tuned in for Community, which was a brand new show that premiered last night after The Office. I had heard good things about the show, the previews looked appealing, and I like Chevy Chase. And while I didn't it laugh out loud hysterical, I found it to be a good, solid first episode that introduced the characters well and amused me at the same time. I think the show definitely has potential. I'll be tuning in next week again.


So, can it be true? Is there 2 new shows this season that I like? (First Glee, now Community) I can't remember the last time this happened...if ever. There's a first time for everything, I guess.

No comments: