Friday, October 16, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Baseball?





I love baseball. It's the only major sport I get into.

I love the Yankees - I'm from New York, my father is a Yankees fan, my grandfather is a Yankees fan - my whole family bleeds pinstripes. My husband borders on fanatical. But I have to admit I've distanced myself a bit in recent years...so many bad memories...bad moments. I think I hit rock bottom when I literally could not get out of bed for 2 days after the 2004 ALCS collapse. It was pretty pathetic.

After all, it's just a sport, right? So I told myself to take a step back and go on with my life. I couldn't let my life get controlled by a game anymore. If the Yankees lost, I couldn't let it ruin my day. Life went on. It wasn't controlled by a ball and a bat. 

But I've never stopped being a fan. And now that we're back in the ALCS again I'm very excited. Nervous, but excited. I have a good feeling about this year. And while that may mean nothing to you, I normally have a very good feeling when it comes to baseball. No joke - I predicted the entire 2004 ALCS before any of the games even started. Well, kind of. But that's a story for some other time.


So. Baseball. It's going to be a great series. The teams are pretty evenly matched. I hate the Angels, mostly because they always tend to beat us, but this year we ended up even in the season series. It's gonna be a toughie. 


But let's christen our new stadium the Yankee way, okay?


That means we take home the championship.


Don't be the team from the last couple years. The team that lacked heart. That lacked drive. I think this year they want it - they've already proven they don't give up. So I won't. Not until the end. 'Cause it ain't over till the last out's recorded.


Let's play ball.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

To quote the great Yogi Berra, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Go Yankees!!!!